Crispy baked courgette fingers with sour cream and chive dip
With a garden groaning under courgettes you have to be imaginative. Here is my recipe for crispy baked courgette fingers.
I made these for my grandchildren and served with a sour cream and chive dip.
2 Large courgettes
50g Dried white breadcrumbs or Panko
25g Parmesan, grated
½ teaspoon dried parsley
a pinch of cayenne (optional)
1 egg, beaten
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons soured cream
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/fan 220ºC/gas mark 7
- Cut the courgettes into chip-like batons.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, dried parsley, cayenne (if using) and season well with salt and pepper.
- Dip each courgette baton into the egg, shaking off any excess, then toss in the breadcrumb mix to coat evenly.
- Lay the courgette fries in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Mix together the soured cream and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, with the soured cream dip on the side.